The overall objective of ITRIBIS Project is to distinguish the IBiS as a center of reference in translational research in Southern Europe, focus on cell degeneration, as the cause of the most prevalent diseases among Europeans, and on antimicrobial resistance.
ITRIBIS reinforces the IBiS position in the European Research Area and the transfer of knowledge not only to the clinical setting but to the biotech industry. ITRIBIS Project ultimate goal is to contribute to boost scientific and socioeconomic development in Andalusia.
ITRIBiS establishes the 7 following specific objectives:
- To gain know-how and experience through the twinning with reference institutions at European scale in the field of Biomedicine. This will materialised in the increase of the impact of research results through key collaborations and high-standing publications.
- To improve the expertise of young researchers and give them skills in cutting-edge technologies through training visits to our EU partners.
- To provide the main lines of investigation (cell degeneration and antimicrobial resistance) with a highly qualified staffing, capable of carrying out highly competitive research at international level, while maintaining a balance between clinical and basic research.
- To achieve a highly trained support staff, specialized in the high standing core facilities of the center.
- To complete the core facilities of the IBIS, in order to increase competitiveness in the established lines.
- To strengthen the applicability of the achieved results through knowledge transfer to the biotechnological and pharmaceutical industries, contributing to regional development.
- To increase the visibility of the IBiS at European scale.